Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pre-season Begins

I've decided to do a lot more blogging this year, with myself being previously restricted with work/uni/training commitments i didn't blog nearly as much as i wanted to, and i do enjoy blogging!

Well, preseason has officially begun, i managed a few rides over my 4 weeks off, but to be honest it was filed with a lot of drinking and partying, but it was exactly what i needed. I got to wind down catch up with a lot of mates and sleep in!! Yay. It was amazing, but what was more amazing was the fact that it let me get my motivation back in a big way. Last week i was really ready to get back into it and if it wasn't for study commitments i would of, but! Not to worry, Tuesday morning (after a Monday exam) i was at squad running up in Bateman hills, my god, what a struggle.

It was a short warm up, followed by 5 hill loops, up along down along x 5. It hurt, a lot, but it was good hurt, the hurt i have been waiting to feel for a long time. Pleased with my set it was a warm down back to the car. I also gave my new Garmin bike computer a good spin, on the run...only because i haven't used it yet, and it's a GPS so why not, worked beautifully.

Wednesday morning it was back to the pool (after 2 swims last week) and I'm finally starting to "feel" the water again. The required set was 3400m, but i finished up with 3800m just a little extra, like i keep saying to Paige, "it's the 1%ers" or in this case a little more. Wednesday has again become "double swim Wednesday" inspired by my good friend Edwin and today was no exception. Only 2800m in the arvo, but a good little set and it's all ways fun seeing the afternoon swimmers, such good fun.

Well that's the first of many blogs over the winter, i really struggle to deal with the cold over the winter, BUT toughen up princess! Is my view this winter, so looking forward to it! Keep it rubberside down people and i will see you in the pool, on the road or the path.

Follow your dreams

Marky Mark