Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Half Ironman NZ - Entered!!

Well, like i've stated recently i have really been enjoying my training lately and nothing has changed. Been up to some good consistent training, with some good, sets including a killer 14k run around the river loop (x2), on 4.05min k's which considering my relative fitness atm i was really surprised with. A 110k hills ride on Sunday was killer but really good, and i can feel my riding improving by the day.

Tuesday and wed have been quiet days for me, with me feeling pretty tired tues morning, so a sleep in was required. Running was Tues night, but unfortunetly i had to miss out swimming this (wed) morning. I had to enter New Zealand Port of Tauranga Half Ironman at 6am Perth time (the time i would usually be swimming). Not only for me but for big Andy T as well, as the lucky bastard is in Europe! The reason why i had to enter when i opened at 6am? Well it sold out in 66 mins last year, so we wern't going to let than chance slip.

No Problems though! We are both all entered (you are welcome big T :P) and am very excited to have entered the first big race of the season!

Swimming this arvo, and i think i might enter the other two 70.3 races i have targeted this season, Gold Coast Half and Singapore 70.3 today.

See you out there folks! And piss of this shit weather!!

Cheers

Markus