Sunday, August 8, 2010

"live your dream"...

And it's Sunday again, and well, as usual, tomorrow i am back to work :/

Another interesting week of, well you guessed it, ups and downs haha. Wednesday and it was at the pools for another morning swim, another close to 4k and a nice "t-shirt set". These are coming way to common with Brian but they sure are building strength!! Tough tough! Wednesday arvo was off as i was still letting my feet recover. Thursday morning i was up early for a quick wind trainer set - wow, jumping on the wind trainer is just SO unmotivating sometimes, or is that just me.. Thursday arvo i finally got an easy run in, with Paigey around the river. It was only something like 4k, but it was good with barely any foot pain. However i still felt as though my feet are on a tender edge so I'm not getting to excited.


Fortunately i was treated to a nice dinner there afterwards which topped of my night :) Friday morning was a nervous morning for me. I had a swimming tt for the TEP development squad. 1.5k in 19 mins, i was pretty fricken nervous to say the least and got there pretty early to get in a really goood warm up in.


I was off and the tt was a shock. I had never done any real serious swimming tt's before to be honest and for a 1.5k to be my first far out! Tough as bro!! Finally i touched the wall....GAH just short by seconds!!!


I'm not going to lie, i was pretty devo. Especially being so close. But Brian was really happy, saying that we hadn't trained for it (anything specific) and i considering how early i was in my build he was really happy that i had gotten so close, that changed my out look a little, but i was still pretty p*ssed during my warm down. Just my high expectations. Afterwards i had a good catch up brekky with Johno at a schweet little cafe down the road, was good to see him after be abroad for so long!!


We ended up meeting a few hours later for a nice easy 50k on the bike, up the freeway and around Kings Park and home. Was a good little warm up for Saturday. Friday night was topped off with a real nice night out with Paigey - dinner and a movie :) (where the guy behind us actually fell asleep during Inception - oh the irony).


Saturdays road race was killer, i mean i don't know how they keep getting harder and harder but they just do. It was back at the Serpentine course again and 7 x 9k loops. The pace went out stupidly hard, and honestly honestly didn't stop. I worked so so bloody hard during the whole race, and finished at the back of the main pack, which dwindled down to about 7 or 8 at the end. It was really satisfying at the end as i had a lot of people coming up to me saying how impressed they were with the amount of work i was doing during the race and the high intensity i kept. Made me feel real good, although i am there for training so it doesn't really bother me, but it is good now and then to hear people talking positively. I was so gone after the race and considered going straight to bed afterwards but it was off to the airport to pick up lisa and andy from their 10 week Europe adventure! Was very glad to have them back :) after picking them up and taking them home, i was off to a party with Paigey for a good night :)


Sunday morning and it was off for a brew ride with Big T!! About 10 weeks overdue! It was pretty cruisy and really good to catch up with the big fella!

Overall another pretty good ish week. But i am continuing to think positive :) and it's working for me. Tomorrow starts a TOUGH 3 week block, 1 week easy, another killer 3 weeks and taper then GC race!! :)

Something that really made my week was a gift i got from Lisa and Andy, a small bracelet from Europe, inscribed on it is "live your dream..."

A bracelet i think i'll be wearing for a while now, and who's mantra i will be following :)

I encourage all to follow that and continue to think positive. See you 'round the training track

Markusss