Saturday, February 9, 2013

Where's Lucky??

Where has Lucky been?

Great question reader who accidentally googled 'Mark Luckin' instead of 'mark luck in'

Firstly, unlucky! Just press back and you can be on your merry way, or perhaps you'd like to read on? I guess the most simple answer would be work, a little break and life in general. After Vegas 70.3 worlds, simply and honestly I was a damaged man.

Racing in 42 degree heat, having a day go not nearly as well as planned and putting so much into the race for the previous 5 months hit me pretty hard! I raced Mandurah 70.3, but for fun, I raced in speedos with a couple of friends and had a great time.


 
Post this race I took time off. It was time for a break! Plenty of catching up with friends, a few parties and a lot of work. Post Chrissy training was sporadic at best.
 
Then I got the call up that every under trained triathlete dreads... "lucky! can you run in our team for the Albany Half?!" It was the Total Tri boys and I couldn't say no. 'I better head out for a run on Thursday' I thought to my self. It was a shock to the system to say the least
 
What a mess....we'd managed to put a QUALITY team, well 2 out of 3. NJ swimming and professional Johan riding I was fricken' stressing out. I did NOT want to let the team down!
 
NJ managed the fourth fastest swim time over all, and Johan had held his spot of an impressive time. Pressure was on and as I saw Johan ride in, after a super quick transition, I was off
 
'I FEEL GOOD!!', I thought to my self. 'World record?!' I thought to my self. I went through the first 10.5k somewhere around my usual half pace. One more lap to go, here we go! And then.....BLAMO! I detonated. DET-O-NATED, and then, with about 5k to go I actually started walking. It was humbling to say the least! At least I managed to hold onto 4th for the team, we were happy with the day.
 
 
What a fricken beautiful bike
 

Albany was a good wake up call for me. But I needed one more thing to get the blood pumping so I went to the Total Tri Australia Day Triathlon. Seeing some of the top boys duke it out, was the final piece of the puzzle (also I got to do a little commentary, it was awesome fun)
 
So I'm back! Next up for me? Well I'm just confirming that but I can't wait to race again, after getting a little fitter first perhaps. Chrissie is at the shop with the Total Tri boys currently getting a tune up so lets dance!
 
Thanks for you interest if you are having a read and I hope to bring some good news soon, lets get training!
 
Cheers :)