Wednesday, February 9, 2011

On track

Well, there has been a little down time between my last post and this one, but it's for good reason i promise!

It's due to some serious time, in the pool, on the bike, on the track and fighting the invasion of jellyfish off the coast of WA.

That's right I am head down into some serious training for Singapore at the moment and am loving it. I am swimming 6 times a week, to really get my times up. Not that they are shocking but you know what they say, you can't win it from the swim but you can certainly loose it. My biking has picked up quite a lot thanks to my tour down under trip and some really good sets with Seano and Paige.

As for the running it is certainly on the way back with the highlight so far, my 16 x 400's along riverside drive on 1.20's. Into the head wind was just hurtbox galore. :/

But the great thing is my head is right and I am really positive with my training, I can't wait to get out the door every morning. (i think this is a good sign).

Apart from that not much else really...woah what mark?! Not another 100 page blog? No unfortunately not, in fact I am not even sure i have a picture for this one...

Just a side note, massive props to everyone who competed in the City of Perth Olympic Distance a couple of weeks back. The conditions were absolutely the harshest of the harsh and well done to everyone who gutted it through. :)

Short and sweet is the theme and I am really looking forward to a continuation of the roll i have (touch wood) and the couple of races i have before Singas, Hillarys and Albany.

Continue training hard friends, and enjoy.

Markus