Monday, February 28, 2011

Counting down

Well Singapore is now less than three weeks away and I am in my last little block of training.

I've been hitting the (various forms off) track really hard and am quite happy with the results, it's all looking on track. Some highlights have included our regular Tuesday track sets, which have been turned up a notch over the last few weeks, swimming 10k in one day last Wednesday (possibly more of a low-light at the time), receiving a nice kick in the arse when I was forced to walk through Jarrahdale forrest for what seemed like an eternity after going out a littleeee to hard on a trail run and and absolute smashfest with Guy last Thursday.

I also had a pretty reasonable race at Hillarys finishing in the top 10 in the Open category and just outside the top 10 overall. Some good signs there.

Next up is the Albany Olympic distance this coming weekend and then one more hard week of training before taper. I'm bloody excited ;)

It is also great to see a lot of local elite athletes putting up new blogs and keeping us all posted. Most of these guys are much better than me so it's great to see the keeping us updated so we can follow their progression.

Also a quick shout out to Todd one of my biggest fans, who I just learnt yesterday reads my blog and loves it - thanks mate! Keep training hard ;)

Hopefully everyone in Perth is putting up with this heat ok, stay hydrated guys :)

Cheers, Markus.