Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Lack of posting..

Well there has been a serious lack of posting on my behalf over the last few weeks after the Gold Coast and I apologise.

It seems as though i have lost my mojo after the GC and have been struggling to get it back! The week following the race i had to physically hold myself back from doing any training, and let myself recover properly. However after that week and for the past two weeks i have struggled to get any real consistency in my training, the odd swim ride and run but nothing really structured.

I've put this down to uni, work and my body telling me i need a little more of a break. HOWEVER that is all about to change with this weekends Endurance Fitness Systems Ironman training camp in Busso!! I cannot wait! There are a few real good athletes going down and it's going to be just what i need to get me raring to go again (i can feel it in my bones). The only negative being my best mate Andy T has had to pull out due to other training commitments :( BUMMER!

Through the last few weeks i have been quite moody and most probably annoying, so thank you to Mum, Dad, Lisa and Kate for putting up with me at home. Seano, Scotty, Benno, Todd and Andy for putting up with me whenever i train with you. Finally Paige for putting up with me during all the time i spend with you. Although it is impossible to get shitty when i am with you, if i have been i apologise.

However i have found time over this break to do a few things i never usually have time for which has been really good for me. Sleeping in, getting drunk (once - 'rebelll'), camping, bush trekking, rock climbing, swimming in dams, mini road tripping, going to a party or two and spending time with people i like/love. I think as obsessive compulsive athletes we don't take enough time out to appreciate and take stock of what we have. I have over the last 2 weeks and certainly feel better and refreshed for it :). My advice, do the same ;).

So back on the horse and into some training!! Woop woop cannot wait! Can't wait 'till i can write a solid training blog!

Cheers people

Markussssss