Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Taper time

Well it's been a couple of weeks since my last blog, apologies..(to all my thousands of readers *sarcasm)

Over the last couple of weeks i have been putting in the final hard yards in my prep for the Gold Coast Half Ironman on October the 3rd. Finally it's taper time :)

I put down some really good final few sets to get my self feeling exactly where i want to be and ready for the race come this Sunday. My highlights being the Sunday before last where seano and i headed out to Jarrahdale and hit up a 50k ride 15k run, 50k ride 5k run....a double brick. Probably one of the more painful sets i have ever done, but i was exactly where i wanted to be, smashing out the 15k off a hard bike, then negative splitting my second 50k ride. Super psyched!

Of course like any prep mine hasn't been completely perfect (with some foot problems and slight motivation problems every now and then) but we are all human and i feel as though i have put in the best prep possible. I am fitter and faster than i have ever been and am very confident i can put it all together :)

Now it's time to start getting my stuff together, and prepping for my Friday flight. I had the greatest weekend, beginning my taper with some short sets, sleep ins and time with my girlfriend yeww :). It has left me refreshed and really confident about this weekend.

Looking back it's easy to see a lot of the people who whether they know it or not have a real positive effect on my training and prep. Scotty, Johno and Marky Mark, who have been there to push me in the pool or on the bike. Andy T who has been there from the beginning, it's really awesome to look back and see how far we've come and how far we are going. Seano has played a real big part in my prep for this race, pretty much being there at every turn, with sound advice and help, not to forget out killer Thursday run sets! Finally Paige who has dealt with me at my best and worst and stuck by me, all ways offered help and support and seems to all ways find a way to get me out there and get me motivated, thank you :).

Well it's just the start of the season though! Can't wait for it to really get rolling after this race and hopefully i can get it rolling with a good result :) See you out there folks and I'll put a race report up after the race.

Markus

don't count the days, make the days count