Sunday, July 18, 2010

Training training training

Well the start of the week didn't go to well, mon tues i was sick as a dog, couldn't even make it to work :( by the time wed came around i was starting to feel better. But if I've learnt anything from these last few months, it was not to push myself and let my body recover more. Thursday came around and thanks to the vitamins and extra sleep i was feeling really good again.

I hit up a big hills ride with scotty to hotty, my place to Jarrahdale and back. The ride was great and was a really good hit out. It was the first try out on the new Argon, she was amazing :) :) I was just happy to be riding again and really enjoyed my self.



I missed swimming on Friday morning, which means it was a no swim week this week :/ BUT i got a TEN K run in with Seano at lunch time!! This is the furthest i have run since Busso at the start of May and i was so happy to be running relatively pain free!

Saturday rocked up and it was off to road racing as usual, this time it was a 50k HILLY HILLY HILLY out and back. I was in the 3rd last group to go, and the first pack to go had 25 mins on us, this was going to be tough. We set off and as we hit the first climb within 2 k, i shed my entire group. Great i thought to my self, i rode alone to the first turn around, 25k, and i rode hard. I was pretty happy with my self as i had put a lot of time into everyone in front of me, but Paige and Caroline we riding really well, i was worried! :/

As i got to the turn around the A/other B grade boys caught me, riding solo had taken its toll, and the group of 7 (of them) had worked well, but i jumped into the pack, ate the last of my lollies and with 25k to go put my head down and went for it. After working hard with the group for 15k Nathan and I made a break. And it stuck, a couple of k later i saw Paige up the road, she was riding fricken well, we were putting on a mean pace and as we passed her, i sat up for not even a second to let her jump on the train.

She had absolutely no problem and we were away again, working fricken hard. With 4k to go we caught Clarky, she was riding incredibley hard and had done a fricken awesome job holding us off for the win, i honest though she had it. I felt pretty bad as she couldn't quite jump on the train :(

The finish was INTENSE there were five of us me, nathan, paige and 2 others, riding at well over 50k an hour trying to break each other. I went so deep and was sure i had the win with 20 meters to go. Unfortunately it wasn't to be and the boys pipped me! Ahhh bummer but not to worry, i worked so hard in that race and was happy with the effort. I was also pretty happy i didn't get chicked....wow that would have been realllyyy embarrassing..hahaha.

I was buggered afterwards and after catching the tour with the Bowmans and Clarkys, fell asleep pretty well.

Then it was up and at 'em again this morning, for another hills ride...who's great idea was this :/ it was a struggle but was another really good ride. :)

Got a run this arvo and then back to swimming on Mon, i have 6 swims to do this week...ekk!! Cant wait! And i'll be back running yay! Really looking forward to be back at it again, properly! TOUCH WOOD :P

Stay classy guys and train hard.

Reeeeeeegards

Markus :)